Sat 29th Feb & Sun 1st March 2020
The Art of Distillation using water as a solvent
- Preparation of an infusion, applications, herbs and aromatics suitable
- Hydro-distillation of a seasonal plant, harvesting, applications, pH and storage. Filtering and closed sterile distillations.
Botanical spritz and Lunch
- Steam distillation of a seasonal plant for essential oil, harvesting and preparation of the plant, distillation technique, separation and storage, applications, plant suitable for steam distillation for essential oil.
- Distilling with the Explorer – a modern stainless steel still
- Decoctions, sherbets and cordials Preparation of a botanical bitters
- Walk in the garden, plant identification, applications and uses
- Botanical cocktail
The Art of Distilling the spirit using ethanol (alcohol) as a solvent
- Preparing a wine or a ferment and distilling a wine into a spirit
- Preparation of tincture, applications, herbs and aromatics and herbs suitable
- Maceration and filtering
Botanical spirit based spritz and Lunch
- Vapour infusion – blending botanicals for a vapour infused gin using traditional gin botanicals and seasonal aromatics
- Cold extraction for aroma -making plant waxes for skincare actives or perfume
- G&T or a Botanical cocktail
You will be provided with notes on all processes demonstrated on the day, a list of resources, including books, ongoing training and online links and sample bottles of what has been made on the day.