Sat 21st Sept & Sun 22nd 2019
The Art of Distillation – water as a solvent
- Prepare a botanical infusion, study applications, herbs, and suitable aromatics.
- Hydro-distillation of a seasonal plant, harvesting, applications, pH, and storage. Filtering and sterile distillations for hydrosol.
- Distillation of a seasonal plant for essential oil using a traditional copper alembic, harvesting, and preparation, distillation technique, separation and storage, applications.
- Distillation of a seasonal plant using the stainless steel explorer
- Discuss decoctions, sherbets and natural cordials. Prepare a botanical bitters using water as a solvent.
- Walk in the garden, learn about plant identification, applications and uses.
- Enjoy a botanical cocktail.
The Art of Distillation – ethanol (alcohol) as a solvent
- Preparing a wine or a ferment and distilling a wine into a spirit
- Preparation of an aperifif or digestif, tincturing and maceration, applications, herbs and aromatics and suitable
- Filtering & finishing
- Vapour infusion – blending botanicals for a vapour infused gin using traditional gin botanicals and seasonal aromatics
- G&T or a Botanical cocktail
Phytofarm Herbal Learning Centre, Okuiti Valley Road, Little River, Banks Penninsula
The workshop is fully booked, contact us f0r information on the next Masterclass
Out of stock