Saturday 27th April & Sunday 28th April 2019 Balingup Western Australia
The Art of Distillation – water as a solvent
- Prepare a botanical infusion, study applications, herbs, and suitable aromatics.
- Hydro-distillation of an Australian native plant using an Alembic Traditional Copper still, harvesting, applications, pH, and storage. Filtering and sterile distillations for hydrosol.
- Steam distillation of a seasonal plant for essential oil, using an Alembics Copper Column style still, harvesting, and preparation, distillation technique, separation and storage, applications.
- Distillation of an Australian native for essential oil using the SS Explorer still
- Discuss decoctions, sherbets and natural cordials. Prepare a botanical bitters using water as a solvent.
- Walk in the garden, learn about plant identification, applications and uses.
- Enjoy a botanical cocktail.
The Art of Distillation – ethanol (alcohol) as a solvent
- Preparing a wine or a ferment and distilling a wine into a spirit using an Alembic Copper Alquitar
- Preparation of tincture, applications, herbs and aromatics and herbs suitable
- Maceration and filtering
- Vapour infusion using an Alembics Distilling Appliance still – blending botanicals for a vapour infused gin using traditional gin botanicals and native aromatics
- Cold extraction for aroma using alcohol
- G&T or a Botanical cocktail
Origins Centre, Balingup, Western Australia
Early bird bookings up to April 1st