Saturday 27th April 2019 Balingup Western Australia
The Art of Distillation – water as a solvent
- Prepare a botanical infusion, study applications, herbs, and suitable aromatics.
- Hydro-distillation of an Australian native plant, harvesting, applications, pH, and storage. Filtering and sterile distillations for hydrosol.
- Steam distillation of a seasonal plant for essential oil using an Alembics Copper Column style still, harvesting, and preparation, distillation technique, separation and storage, applications.
- Distillation of an Australian native for essential oil using a SS Explorer still
- Discuss decoctions, sherbets and natural cordials. Prepare a botanical bitters using water as a solvent.
- Enjoy a botanical cocktail.
Origins Centre, Balingup, Western Australia
Early bird bookings up until April 1st
About the venue, how to get there and more