Sat Sept 21st 2019
The Art of Distillation – water as a solvent
- Prepare a botanical infusion, study applications, herbs, and suitable aromatics.
- Hydro-distillation of a seasonal plant, harvesting, applications, pH, and storage. Filtering and sterile distillations for hydrosol.
- Steam distillation of a seasonal plant for essential oil, harvesting, and preparation, distillation technique, separation and storage, applications.
- Discuss decoctions, sherbets and natural cordials. Prepare a botanical bitters using water as a solvent.
- Walk in the garden, learn about plant identification, applications and uses.
- Enjoy a botanical cocktail.
10.30am to 3.30pm Phytofarm Herbal Learning Centre, Okuiti Valley Road, Little River, Banks Penninsula
Photos by Peter Bay/Phytofarm NZ
The workshop is fully booked, contact us f0r information on the next Masterclass
Out of stock