Grain to Glass Course Workbook
Great whisky and bourbon starts here, with the course workbook for our popular, two-day Grain To Glass Masterclass. This is a practical guide, with in-depth information and step-by-step instructions on the entire process from selecting your grain, mashing, malting, right through to blending and ageing.
In this 47-page workbook, you will be guided through:
- The different types of grains, their properties and usage
- The malting and mashing processes, and notes on the best water to use
- Different styles of whisky, and designing a bourbon recipe
- A blender’s flavour wheel, to guide your distillation process
- Distilling your wash, – stripping and spirit runs
- Selecting and blending fractions
- What kids of wood to use, including toasting and charring
This is a collaborative publication, co-authored by Sparks Brewing and Alembics NZ, with contributions from specialists such as water quality scientist, Jim Graham.
A great, practical guide to making whisky and bourbon.
If you want to be hands-on – come to our next Grain to Glass workshop.